Anatomy of a Food Addiction: The Brain Chemistry of Overeating—Anne Katherine, M.A.
Andrea's Voice: Silenced by Bulimia: Her Story and Her Mother's Journey through Grief toward Understanding—Doris Smeltzer
Anorexics and Bulimics Anonymous: The Fellowship Details Its Program of Recovery for Anorexia and Bulimia
Beating Ana: How to Outsmart Your Eating Disorder, Take Your Life Back—Shannon Cutis
Beyond the Looking Glass: Daily Devotions for Over coming Anorexia and Bulimia—Remuda Ranch
Distorted: How a Motherand Daughter Unravel the Truth, the Lies, and the Realities of an Eating Disorder—Lorri Antosz and Taryn Leigh Benson
Eating in the Light of the Moon: How Women Can Transform Their Relationship with Food through Myths, Metaphors, and Story telling— AnitaJ. Johnston, Ph.D.
Eating with Your Anorexic: How My Child Recovered Through Family-Based Treatment and Yours Can Too—Laura Collins
Enrich Your Caregiving Journey—Margery Pabst and Rita Goldhammer
Full Lives: A Woman's Guide to Freedom from Obsession with Good and Weight—Lindsay Hall
Good bye Ed, Hello Me: Recover from Your Eating Disorder and fall in Love with Your Life—Jenni Schaefer
Help Your Teenager Beat an Eating Disorder (2005)—Daniel le Grange,PhD, associate professor of psychiatry and director of the eating disorders program at the University of Chicago, and James Lock, MD, PhD, professor of child psychiatry and pediatrics at Stanford University.
Hungry: A Mother and Daughter Fight Anorexia—Sheila andLisa Himmel
Life Without ED: How One Woman Declared Independence from Her Eating Disorder and How You Can Too—Jenni Schaefer
Locker Room Diaries: The Naked Truth about Women, Body Image, and Re-Imagining the "Perfect" Body—Leslie Goldman
Nutrition Counseling in the Treatment of Eating Disorders (Brunner-Routledge,2002) Marcia Herrin, Ed.D., M.R.H., R.D., L.S.
Off The C.U.F.F.: A Parent Skills Book for the Management of Disordered Eating—Nancy Zucker, Ph.D. (Duke University Medical Center)
The Parent's Guide to Eating Disorders: Supporting Self-Esteem, Healthy Eating, & Positive Body Image at Home—Marcia Herrin, Ed.D., M.P.H.,R.D., Nancy Matsumoto
Potatoes Not Prozac:Simple Solutions for Sugar Sensitivity—KathleenDes Maisons www.radiantrecovery.com
Secrets Girls Keep: What Girls Hide (& Why) and How to Break the Stress of Silence—Carrie Silver-Stock
Skills-based Learning for Caring for a Loved One with an Eating Disorder: The New Maudsley Method—Janet Treasure, Grainne Smith, Anna Crane
The Starving Family:Caregiving Mothers and Fathers Share Their Eating Disorder Wisdom—Cheryl Dellasega, Ph.D.
Talking to Eating Disorders: Simple Ways to Support Someone with Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Disorder, or Body Image Issues—Jeanne Albronda Heaton, Ph.D. and Claudia J. Strauss
Treating Bulimia in Adolescents (2007)—Daniel le Grange, Ph.D., associate professor of psychiatry and director of the eating disorders program at the University ofChicago, and James Lock, M.D., Ph.D.,professor of child psychiatry and pediatrics at Stanford University.
Your Dieting Daughter: Is She Dying for Attention?—CarolynCostin, M.F.T.
INFORMATION AND REFERRAL
Eating Disorder Referral and Information Center
Around The Dinner Table (ATDT) -Support Forum for Parents and Care givers of Anorexia, Bulimia, and other Eating Disorder Patients
F.E.A.S.T.-ed- Families Empowered and Supporting Treatment of Eating Disorder
Hope Network, LLC., Becky Henry—One on on and group coaching, webinars, tele-classes, Speaking to organizations
MEDA-Multiservice Eating Disorders Association - Resources - Educational Information -click on "Guidelines for Helping a Loved One
Tofte Lake Center - A creative retreat center for artists, scholars and thinkers.
Eating Disorders Anonymous (EDA) -www.eatingdisordersanonymous.org
Eating Disorders Coalition (EDC)To advance the federal recognition of eating disorders as a public health priority.
Eating Disorder Hope - promotes ending eating disordered behavior, embracing life and pursuing recovery.
Eating For Life Alliance (ELA)-making user-friendly information, resources, protocols, and the wisdom of the nation’s experts- available to everyone.
Family Feeding Dynamics, Katja Rowell, M.D.
Health At Every Size
I Chose To Live
National Eating Disorder Association (NEDA)
Overeaters Anonymous (OA)
Overeaters Anonymous Honesty, Openness, Willingness (OA HOW) of Minnesota
Pivotal Crossings, RitaGoldhammer
The Rudd Centerat Yale
The charge of the Rudd Center is "to reverse the global spread of obesity; to reduce weight bias; and to galvanize community members, public officials, and advocacy groups to achieve positive, lasting change."
Understanding Nutrition - Jessica Setnick, MS, RD/LD, CSSD - Speaker and Eating Disorders Dietician - Texas
Willamette Nutrition Source - Providing Education, Treatment and Support for those Diagnosed with Eating Disorders. - Oregon Therese Waterhouse, PhD, RD, LD
Academy for Eating Disorders
Andrea's Voice Foundation: Disordered Eating and Related Issues
Eating Disorders Coalition(EDC)
Federal Response to Eliminate Eating Disorders (F.R.E.E.D.) Act
Mentor Connect: Relationships Replace Eating Disorders
Mindfulness via: Dialectical Behavior Therapy Training: Marsha
Linehan, Ph.D., ABPP
Treatment4Addiction.com - Online Recovery Resource Directory
2013 - Los Angeles Book Festival - Just Tell Her to Stop won Honorable Mention in the General Non-Fiction category.
2011 Independent Publisher Book Award (IPPY) - Just Tell Her to Stop won in the National Category for Mental Health/Psychology May 23, 2011 Awards Ceremony in NYC. :
- 12-1-15 "Eating your way through the Holidays: What to look for when working with Eating Disorders" Rivermend Health Lunch and Learn, Bonefish, St. Louis Park MN
- 11- 2015 Caregiver Retreat - Naples, FL
- 11-27-15 "March Against ED" Sharing the Parent Experience of Long-term Eating Disorders and Advocacy.
- 10-15-15 " HOPE: Shift Your Perspective on Supporting Those with Eating Disorders and Their Families" St. Louis Co. HHS Conference, Duluth, MN (Presented with Thea Sheldon, CPCC) ?
- 2-21-15 “The Family Experience of Eating Disorders” Eating Disorder Coalition of Iowa Conference, Des Moines, IA
- 2-11-15 “A Former Patient and a Parent Share Perspectives on Eating Disorders” University of St. Thomas, EDAW, St. Paul, MN
- 12-2014 - Caregiver Retreat - San Diego, CA
- 2-1-14 “From Hopeless and Fearful, to Empowered Caregiver”, F.E.A.S.T. 3rd Annual Eating Disorders Conference in Dallas, TX
- May 2013 “Featured at Author evening” At Home With Eating Disorders Conference, Brisbane, Australia
- 10-22-12 "Preparing for Surgery. Does Weight Matter?" Twin Cities Orthopedics CEU's offered
- 10/13/12 - Writers Rock! Workshop - Century College, St. Paul, MN - Self-Publishing Panel
- 9/15/12 - The Loft Literary Center, Minneapolis, MN. Panel on Self-publishing and book marketing.
- 2/23/12 - NEDAW event at The Emily Program Foundation "Art and Eating Disorders" Open Mic night.
- 11/17/11 - "Eating Disorders and Your Teen" - Moms of Teens Group - Christ Presbyterian Church, Edina, MN
- 11/17&18/11 - The Lowdown on Eating Disorders From the Trenches Grand Rapids, MN Public Library 7pm & Itasca Community College12pm Both open to the public.
- 11/3/11 - Moderator of Q & A with Dr. James Lock, Stanford Univ. at F.E.A.S.T. Symposium, Alexandria, VA
- 1/16/10, Minneapolis, MN” Moving the Weight Paradigm from Dread and Failure to Balance and Health" - Promoting Healthy Body Image, Eating, Fitness, and Weight, CEU Program with Kathy Kater, LICSW, Michele Gorman, MS, RD, LD, Katja Rowell, MD”
- 10/11&12/11 The Lowdown on Eating Disorders From the Trenches.-Timberline Knolls Treatment Center - Lemont, IL
- 8/22/11 - Common Good Books & The Emily Program Foundation host, "Joy and Hope" - A discussion with Kathleen MacDonald of the Eating Disorders Coalition (EDC) Washington, DC & Becky Henry of Hope Network" Moderated by Kitty Westin.
- 7/12/11 - Speaker on the Family Experience - The Emily Program Foundation Recovery Night
- 2/13/11 -"Including Families in the Treatment of Eating Disorders-What difference does it make?" Featured Speaker - Eating Disorder Network of Maryland 5th Annual Eating Disorder Awareness Event
Becky Henry’s story of how she learned first-hand about eating disorders with an experience with her 14 year old daughter.
Where do our families turn when they are being torn apart?
Where can one mother talk to another mother?
Families also want answers to questions that range from simple–to almost unanswerable.
Here are some common questions and my answers:Learn more
Read ‘Testimonials’ from families I have helped and inspired as well as support from healing experts.
Just wanted to drop you a note to thank you for all your help and support. Your guidance and wisdom was invaluable during one of the toughest times of my life. You always listened to me and then made sure I had a goal each week to help keep myself sane through all the trials of having a child with anorexia. Your knowledge and network of information was very helpful. I could not have gotten through it without you." ~ Toni C.
“Thank you for writing it.” I am honored to know you and am grateful for your wonderful book - which is a gift to parents.
~ Cathy Vee, ParentRead testimonials about Becky Henry's Book Just Tell Her To Stop
Read even more testimonials