Speaking Topics: The Lowdown on Eating Disorders From The Trenches, Empowering Caregivers, Staying Positive During Your Child's Illness, Tenacity and Thriving. Topics can be tailored for your group needs.
As a national speaker Becky Henry will enlighten your organization about eating disorders from the family perspective. As a parent who has lived with the impact of eating disorders for over 15 years, Becky Henry has made it her mission with Hope Network to empower other parents and caretakers and reduce their sense of isolation during a loved one’s eating disorder and reclaim joy.
Interviewing dozens of families, Henry filled her book, Just Tell Her to Stop: Family Stories of Eating Disorders with personal accounts from over 40 families.
Her fun and engaging style will give insights and tools for anyone who wants to learn more about eating disorders.
11/18/12 - Holidays and eating disorders with Roshini Rajkumar of Communicate That! on NEWS & VIEWS WCCO Radio 830AM
12/6/11 - Examiner.com Saving lives with hope and resources: Author Becky Henry
11/16/11 Grand Rapids Herald-Review- Presentation on eating disorders at the library and ICC Nov 17 & 18 Bonnie Henriksen
November 2011 Issue - edge magazine - Trend: Eating disorders consuming older women edgemagazine.net
9/7/2011 Home Business Magazine - Quest To Bring Joy To Families
8/19/11 St. Paul Pioneer Press - Eating disorders: Fighting "the bully" by Caryn Sullivan http://www.carynsullivanscribe.com/eating-disorders-fighting-the-bully-3/
6/1/11 Minnetonka Community News - Minnetonka Author Receives Book Award
4/19/11 Minneapolis Star Tribune - Columnist CJ shared book updates from my new intern, Shannah Henderson, about my book in her morning column : http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/120151004.html
2/15/2011 Wellesley Weston Magazine - Just Tell Her To Stop mentioned as a resource at end of article. http://wellesleywestonmagazine.com/spring11/dept_fitness.htm
To read the article click above or paste link http://www.lvrj.com/health/eating-disorders-not-just-for-women-112541894.html See on my Hope Network Biz Page On Facebook
Nadia Giordana BlogTalk Radio Show – Extraordinary Women
Mary Treacy O'Keefe Blog Talk Radio Show: Hope, Healing and Well Being – How to Help Families Living with Eating Disorders | WebTalkRadio.net
As Just Tell Her To Stop: Family Stories of Eating Disorders is being launched, I'm enjoying conversations with radio hosts about eating disorders. You can listen to my radio interview with Peter McClellan of 401K Latte here:
Diane Viere Blog TalkRadio: Setting Boundaries With Your Adult Children - Learning to take care of yourself when all you want to do is take care of your adult child November 5,2010
10/10/10 - Minneapolis Star Tribune
The high cost of losing weight | StarTribune.com
What do you do when your child has an eating disorder?In her recent book, "Just Tell Her to Stop: Family Stories of Eating Disorders," Becky Henry sheds light on the issues parents face when a child's eating habits become a serious issue
The Peter McClellanShow – AM 1570 December 23, 2009
401K Latte Discussing upcoming book: Just Tell Her To Stop: FamilyStories of Eating Disorders and receiving the BRAVEHEART AWARD! http://www.kkmslive.com/MP3/PM_12_23_09.mp3
AOL Health –Online - June 2010 Real Stories of Caring for a Depressed Relative
Katrina Sawa – RadioInterview - http://www.ksawamarketing.com/MP3/btr_071310.mp3
WBAP eWomen Network Radio Show with Sandra Yancy –News Talk 820 WBAP
2013 - Los Angeles Book Festival - Just Tell Her to Stop won Honorable Mention in the General Non-Fiction category.
2011 Independent Publisher Book Award (IPPY) - Just Tell Her to Stop won in the National Category for Mental Health/Psychology May 23, 2011 Awards Ceremony in NYC. :
- 12-1-15 "Eating your way through the Holidays: What to look for when working with Eating Disorders" Rivermend Health Lunch and Learn, Bonefish, St. Louis Park MN
- 11- 2015 Caregiver Retreat - Naples, FL
- 11-27-15 "March Against ED" Sharing the Parent Experience of Long-term Eating Disorders and Advocacy.
- 10-15-15 " HOPE: Shift Your Perspective on Supporting Those with Eating Disorders and Their Families" St. Louis Co. HHS Conference, Duluth, MN (Presented with Thea Sheldon, CPCC) ?
- 2-21-15 “The Family Experience of Eating Disorders” Eating Disorder Coalition of Iowa Conference, Des Moines, IA
- 2-11-15 “A Former Patient and a Parent Share Perspectives on Eating Disorders” University of St. Thomas, EDAW, St. Paul, MN
- 12-2014 - Caregiver Retreat - San Diego, CA
- 2-1-14 “From Hopeless and Fearful, to Empowered Caregiver”, F.E.A.S.T. 3rd Annual Eating Disorders Conference in Dallas, TX
- May 2013 “Featured at Author evening” At Home With Eating Disorders Conference, Brisbane, Australia
- 10-22-12 "Preparing for Surgery. Does Weight Matter?" Twin Cities Orthopedics CEU's offered
- 10/13/12 - Writers Rock! Workshop - Century College, St. Paul, MN - Self-Publishing Panel
- 9/15/12 - The Loft Literary Center, Minneapolis, MN. Panel on Self-publishing and book marketing.
- 2/23/12 - NEDAW event at The Emily Program Foundation "Art and Eating Disorders" Open Mic night.
- 11/17/11 - "Eating Disorders and Your Teen" - Moms of Teens Group - Christ Presbyterian Church, Edina, MN
- 11/17&18/11 - The Lowdown on Eating Disorders From the Trenches Grand Rapids, MN Public Library 7pm & Itasca Community College12pm Both open to the public.
- 11/3/11 - Moderator of Q & A with Dr. James Lock, Stanford Univ. at F.E.A.S.T. Symposium, Alexandria, VA
- 1/16/10, Minneapolis, MN” Moving the Weight Paradigm from Dread and Failure to Balance and Health" - Promoting Healthy Body Image, Eating, Fitness, and Weight, CEU Program with Kathy Kater, LICSW, Michele Gorman, MS, RD, LD, Katja Rowell, MD”
- 10/11&12/11 The Lowdown on Eating Disorders From the Trenches.-Timberline Knolls Treatment Center - Lemont, IL
- 8/22/11 - Common Good Books & The Emily Program Foundation host, "Joy and Hope" - A discussion with Kathleen MacDonald of the Eating Disorders Coalition (EDC) Washington, DC & Becky Henry of Hope Network" Moderated by Kitty Westin.
- 7/12/11 - Speaker on the Family Experience - The Emily Program Foundation Recovery Night
- 2/13/11 -"Including Families in the Treatment of Eating Disorders-What difference does it make?" Featured Speaker - Eating Disorder Network of Maryland 5th Annual Eating Disorder Awareness Event
Becky Henry’s story of how she learned first-hand about eating disorders with an experience with her 14 year old daughter.
Where do our families turn when they are being torn apart?
Where can one mother talk to another mother?
Families also want answers to questions that range from simple–to almost unanswerable.
Here are some common questions and my answers:Learn more
Read ‘Testimonials’ from families I have helped and inspired as well as support from healing experts.
Just wanted to drop you a note to thank you for all your help and support. Your guidance and wisdom was invaluable during one of the toughest times of my life. You always listened to me and then made sure I had a goal each week to help keep myself sane through all the trials of having a child with anorexia. Your knowledge and network of information was very helpful. I could not have gotten through it without you." ~ Toni C.
“Thank you for writing it.” I am honored to know you and am grateful for your wonderful book - which is a gift to parents.
~ Cathy Vee, ParentRead testimonials about Becky Henry's Book Just Tell Her To Stop
Read even more testimonials