Becky Henry's Hope Network empowers caregivers to guide loved ones with eating disorders through recovery allowing them to reclaim JOY!
Becky welcomes you to the discussion on her blog at http://www.eatingdisorderfamilysupport.com/blog.html
For families looking to:
- Stop feeling alone and/or blamed
- Get tips & strategies for living with an eating disorder
- Learn what to say and Not say
- Educate yourself about eating disorders
For Treatment Centers who:
- Want to empower, educate and support the parents/caregivers
- Want to raise receive donations to your non-profit arm
For health care providers who:
- Crave deeper understanding of the complexities of eating disorders
- Seek knowledge of red flags to watch for prior to diagnosis and treatment
- Want to understand the impact of shame/secrecy behind these illnesses
It is estimated that currently 11% of high school students have been diagnosed with an eating disorder.
– National Association of Anorexia Nervosa Associated Disorders 10-year study www.ANAD.org
2013 - Los Angeles Book Festival - Just Tell Her to Stop won Honorable Mention in the General Non-Fiction category.
2011 Independent Publisher Book Award (IPPY) - Just Tell Her to Stop won in the National Category for Mental Health/Psychology May 23, 2011 Awards Ceremony in NYC. :
- 12-1-15 "Eating your way through the Holidays: What to look for when working with Eating Disorders" Rivermend Health Lunch and Learn, Bonefish, St. Louis Park MN
- 11- 2015 Caregiver Retreat - Naples, FL
- 11-27-15 "March Against ED" Sharing the Parent Experience of Long-term Eating Disorders and Advocacy.
- 10-15-15 " HOPE: Shift Your Perspective on Supporting Those with Eating Disorders and Their Families" St. Louis Co. HHS Conference, Duluth, MN (Presented with Thea Sheldon, CPCC) ?
- 2-21-15 “The Family Experience of Eating Disorders” Eating Disorder Coalition of Iowa Conference, Des Moines, IA
- 2-11-15 “A Former Patient and a Parent Share Perspectives on Eating Disorders” University of St. Thomas, EDAW, St. Paul, MN
- 12-2014 - Caregiver Retreat - San Diego, CA
- 2-1-14 “From Hopeless and Fearful, to Empowered Caregiver”, F.E.A.S.T. 3rd Annual Eating Disorders Conference in Dallas, TX
- May 2013 “Featured at Author evening” At Home With Eating Disorders Conference, Brisbane, Australia
- 10-22-12 "Preparing for Surgery. Does Weight Matter?" Twin Cities Orthopedics CEU's offered
- 10/13/12 - Writers Rock! Workshop - Century College, St. Paul, MN - Self-Publishing Panel
- 9/15/12 - The Loft Literary Center, Minneapolis, MN. Panel on Self-publishing and book marketing.
- 2/23/12 - NEDAW event at The Emily Program Foundation "Art and Eating Disorders" Open Mic night.
- 11/17/11 - "Eating Disorders and Your Teen" - Moms of Teens Group - Christ Presbyterian Church, Edina, MN
- 11/17&18/11 - The Lowdown on Eating Disorders From the Trenches Grand Rapids, MN Public Library 7pm & Itasca Community College12pm Both open to the public.
- 11/3/11 - Moderator of Q & A with Dr. James Lock, Stanford Univ. at F.E.A.S.T. Symposium, Alexandria, VA
- 1/16/10, Minneapolis, MN” Moving the Weight Paradigm from Dread and Failure to Balance and Health" - Promoting Healthy Body Image, Eating, Fitness, and Weight, CEU Program with Kathy Kater, LICSW, Michele Gorman, MS, RD, LD, Katja Rowell, MD”
- 10/11&12/11 The Lowdown on Eating Disorders From the Trenches.-Timberline Knolls Treatment Center - Lemont, IL
- 8/22/11 - Common Good Books & The Emily Program Foundation host, "Joy and Hope" - A discussion with Kathleen MacDonald of the Eating Disorders Coalition (EDC) Washington, DC & Becky Henry of Hope Network" Moderated by Kitty Westin.
- 7/12/11 - Speaker on the Family Experience - The Emily Program Foundation Recovery Night
- 2/13/11 -"Including Families in the Treatment of Eating Disorders-What difference does it make?" Featured Speaker - Eating Disorder Network of Maryland 5th Annual Eating Disorder Awareness Event
Becky Henry’s story of how she learned first-hand about eating disorders with an experience with her 14 year old daughter.
Where do our families turn when they are being torn apart?
Where can one mother talk to another mother?
Families also want answers to questions that range from simple–to almost unanswerable.
Here are some common questions and my answers:Learn more
Read ‘Testimonials’ from families I have helped and inspired as well as support from healing experts.
Just wanted to drop you a note to thank you for all your help and support. Your guidance and wisdom was invaluable during one of the toughest times of my life. You always listened to me and then made sure I had a goal each week to help keep myself sane through all the trials of having a child with anorexia. Your knowledge and network of information was very helpful. I could not have gotten through it without you." ~ Toni C.
“Thank you for writing it.” I am honored to know you and am grateful for your wonderful book - which is a gift to parents.
~ Cathy Vee, ParentRead testimonials about Becky Henry's Book Just Tell Her To Stop
Read even more testimonials